I came across a curious infographic that described various cases and what the language should be in each case. I am writing it down here:
- Delayed but not an emergency: Thank you for your patience.
- Guarding your time: Can you do 4pm tomorrow?
- You are welcome: Happy to help out!
- No advise needed: It would be best if we do "this".
- Lets talk rather than email: It will be easier to have a quick in-person discussion about this.
- Did you understand? If you have any questions, let me know.
- Delay by others: When can I expect an update on this high priority task?
- My error: Thanks for catching the error and letting me know.
- I'm busy: I have to leave for "something immovable" at 1255pm sharp.